HDFC has become a household name that every Indian proudly reckon with. Having fulfilled the dreams of over 5.4 million customers, HDFC Housing Finance Ltd. continues to enjoy the space in the ‘home loan’ segment with its varied availability of customized solutions.
HDFC Home Loan Interest Rate & Other Details:
- The applicable home loan interest rates offered by HDFC Bank are as under:
- For General Customers(up to Rs. 75 lakhs) – 9.20%-9.70% p.a.
- For General Customers(above Rs. 75 lakhs) – 9.25% -9.75% p.a.
- For Women (upto Rs. 75 lakhs) – 9.15% -9.65% p.a.
- For Women(above Rs. 75 lakhs) – 9.25%-9.75% p.a.
- HDFC Housing Finance charges processing fee up to 0.50% of the loan amount or Rs.11,500 whichever is minimum.
- The maximum loan tenure of HDFC Home loan is 30 years.
- Loan to Property cost applicable on this loan is chargeable for different amounts of loan as:
- 90% of the property cost for loans up to and including ₹ 30 lakhs.
- 80 % of the property cost for loans starting from ₹ 30.01 lakhs to ₹ 75 lakhs.
- 75% of the property cost for loans starting above ₹ 75 lakhs.
Features of HDFC Home Loan:
- Home loans are available for the purchase of either a new home or a resale home, construction of a new home or purchase of a property, transfer of home loan from your lender to HDFC.
- HDFC Home loan are provided at a reasonable rate of interest that makes your Home loan affordable and lighter on your pocket.
- No hidden charges.
- Customized repayment options to accommodate your needs.
- Integrated branch network for obtaining and servicing the loan anywhere in India.
- Special arrangement facility with AGIF for Home Loans for the applicants employed in the Indian Army.
HDFC Home Loan Eligibility:
- HDFC Home loans can be applied either individually or jointly with a co-applicant.
- All proposed owners of the property will have to be taken as co-applicants. Ideally, co-applicants need to be immediate family members.
- HDFC Home Loans are offered to salaried and self-employed individuals. The proposed borrower must have all the requisite documents for validating his/her status.
- The maximum tenure for repayment of HDFC Home loan shall be up to 30 years for the Telescopic Repayment Option which is applied only on the Salaried/Self-employed individuals under the Adjustable Rate Home Loan. For the remaining home loan products, the maximum repayment tenure shall be up to 20 years.
- The tenure of the home loan is dependent upon the customer’s risk profile, the age of customer at maturity of the loan, the age of property at loan maturity, subject to the specific repayment scheme as may be opted and any other terms applicable based on prevalent norms of HDFC.
Documents Required for HDFC Home Loan:
The following documents are required by applicants of HDFC Home Loan:
Identity and Residence Proof:
- Valid Passport
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhar Card
- Valid Driving License
Proof of Income:
- Last 3 months’ Salary Slips
- Last 6 months’ Bank Statements, showing salary credits
- Latest Form-16 and IT return
- Employment Contract / Appointment Letter in case current employment is less than 1- year old.
- Last 6 months’ Bank Statements showing repayment of any ongoing loans.
- Passport size photograph of all the applicants / co-applicants to be affixed on the Application Form and signed across.
- A cheque for processing fee favoring ‘HDFC Ltd.’.
Property related documents:
- Copy of the Allotment Letter / Buyer Agreement
- Receipt of the payment made to the developer